Tuesday, February 3, 2015

KING KONG ! THE GREATEST ADVENTURE STORY OF ALL TiME !!!


I've been meaning to get to this comic book for quite some time. After all, it is one of my favorite Gold Key Comics. 

Gold Key Comics move adaptation of King Kong comic book was my first exposure to King Kong and it left quite an impression on me. I loved it! It's my favorite George Wilson cover painting! Written by Gary Poole with pencils by Giovanni Ticci and Alberto Giolitti inks! Alberto Giolitti was the king of Gold Key Comics. King Kong was fabulous comic book!



King Kong 
Short text piece about the strange relationship between Ann Darrow and King Kong; accompanied by collage of panels from the comic.
Pin-up duplicate of front cover, free of text. On the back cover.
Overstreet artificially groups this as one of the Gold Key Movie Comics titles.




King Kong 11229
Tabloid sized adaptation of the 1933 version of the film.
Short text piece about the strange relationship between Ann Darrow and King Kong; accompanied by collage of panels from the comic.
Pin-up duplicate of front cover, free of text. On the back cover.

Hardcover edition about the King Kong myth!
The paperback I finally bought because of the great Frazetta cover!
The original movie is stupendous! Peter Jackson's King Kong was superb! The ones in between were good. Even the King had its highs and lows. 


Be sure to get out there and watch the movies. 


Great Dave Stevens cover!
Great parody!
Get out there and enjoy the comics!  



Gonna get my copy out, now that I've reminisced. Classic!



Live Large My Friends!

Thank You!






1 comment:

  1. Cool! I wish I'd had this comic when I was a kid!

    Here's my parallel-view 3D rendering of the cover:

    http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z51/porfle/King%20Kong%20comic.jpg

    ReplyDelete