Thursday, August 7, 2014

STERANKO'S FIRST PROFESSIONAL WORK - HARVEY COMICS SPYMAN !!!



Jim Steranko's first professional work in comic books, was to create concepts for a world of superheroes for Harvey Comics. 


Spyman was written by Jim Steranko & Otto Binder. The filler page has been credited to Steranko & George Tuska. 




LIBERTY Agent Johnny Chance loses his hand in saving the world and receives a new, better one with all sorts of nifty features. 


LIBERTY HQ is under the base of the Statue of Liberty. 




This was my first exposure to Jim Steranko and I didn't even know it for many years to come. I liked it, especially with the George Tuska, Dick Ayers & Bill Draut artwork. I'll have to be content with the three issues published. 



It was decent, fun comic book fare to a young reader. It will always hold a special place in my heart. 

And in time, I will touch on the other concepts Steranko created for Harvey. Don't miss the new like I added for The Drawings of Steranko, it's fantastic if you haven't explored it before.

Live Large My Friends. 

Thank You. 


No comments:

Post a Comment